Content in this context refers to the materials you are presenting to learners. This includes the training components your department creates and maintains such as videos, quizzes, and interactive modules. We recommend reviewing your content annually to ensure it is still relevant and accurate. This guidance has been informed by the best practices of the University including inclusivity, accessibility, and learner experience and engagement.
Create Quality Content
- Ensure content meets the needs of the learners and program
- Ensure content is accurate and relevant. This may include evidence-based practice, peer review, best practices, and/or Subject Matter Expert's review
Ensure content includes learning science strategies
Make Your Training Inclusive
- Use Office of Diversity & Inclusion recommended language for campus continuity
- Use gender-neutral references and pronouns
- Use culturally and linguistically appropriate content and images
Design training that includes Active Learning Strategies
- Knowledge checks
- Case studies
- Question & Answer sessions or exercises
- Use visuals that support and are appropriate for content
Review Your Training Prior to Launch
Have content reviewed by at least two colleagues for feedback
Have content reviewed by legal counsel if applicable
Ensure usability with a screen reader or assistive technology through a DRC consultation Or IT Accessibility
EDGE Description Guidance
This guidance is designed to ensure course, certification, and curricula descriptions remain consistent and clear for learners.
- Concise 1-3 sentence description to explain the purpose of this offering to the learner
- All descriptions start with this sentence: This offering is hosted by (host department), for questions please contact (hyperlinked email).
- 2,200 character max to provide best system visibility for learners
- Default to system formatting settings for font, size, etc.
- For emphasis use bold ability or add Special Note:
- Avoid use of bullets and en-dash in the description because of the issues with smart characters and UAIR Analytics compatibility. : is known to be OK.
Example Description & Resources
This offering is hosted by EDGE Learning Team, for questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org This is a required training to be provisioned in the Registrar role which is a role with a special security access in EDGE Learning. The Registrar role gives training coordinators the ability to assign learning to individuals who are not their direct reports. To learn more about the role please visit https://edgelearning.arizona.edu/roles-resources/registrar-resources